Hi there readers, I can’t believe how quickly the week has gone and it’s saturday already! I hope you’re all healthy, safe and ready for another relaxing Saturday Coffee Morning post! So without further ado, here’s a quick and easy recipe to enjoy with a warm cuppa…..
Moist chocolate mug cake!
Takes 5 minutes to make and 2 minutes to cook.
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- a few drops of vanilla essence or other essence (orange or peppermint work well)
- 3 tbsp milk
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Two tablespoons of chocolate chips, or raisins or nuts (optional)
- Add 4 tbsp self-raising flour, 4 tbsp caster sugar and 2 tbsp cocoa powder to the largest mug you have (to stop it overflowing in the microwave) and mix.
- Add 1 medium egg and mix in as much as you can, but don’t worry if there’s still dry mix left.
- Add the 3 tbsp milk, 3 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil and a few drops of vanilla essence and mix until smooth, before adding 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins, if using, and mix again.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on High for 1½ -2 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch.
- Dollop a generous amount of cold vanilla ice cream and enjoy! How easy was that????
Okay, sit comfortably on the couch or bed, take a sip of coffee or a mouthful of moist choclate mug cake and read on!
Listen to the rush of the river The sweep of the sand The coolness of the air Hear the pitter of the monsoon rain And the salty waves washing up again Smell the sweet scents of bright and fresh blooms And hum along to their calming tunes See as golden rays of light Shine across the grass and out of sight See the rain sprinkling up to you And run until you feel the shadow of the moon Then smile, sigh and say, What a beautiful sensation!
I hope you liked that poem, please comment down below on how you found it! Now for more fun…….
This is a book made for those who love thrilling, page turning and adventurous tales.
Juniper Greene lives in a walled city from which nature has been banished, following the outbreak of a deadly man-made disease many years earlier. While most people seem content to live in such a cage, she and her little brother Bear have always known about their resistance to the disease, and dream of escaping into the wild. To the one place humans have survived outside of cities. To where their mother is.
When scientists discover that the siblings provide the key to fighting the disease, the pair must flee for their lives. As they journey into the unknown, they soon learn that there’s cruelty in nature as well as beauty. Will they ever find the home they’re searching for?
It’s a great, action packed tale and a perfect gift for over 11 and adults alike. I rate it…..
Motivational writing quotes!
Author profile: kiran millwood hargrave
Kiran Millwood Hargrave was born in 1990. She studied hard at both Cambridge and Oxford Universities, and is an award winning poet and playwright. Her first novel is the girl of ink and stars.
It’s a truly beautiful tale featuring friendship, loyalty, bravery and courage. It follows a young girl who is anything but shy and goes through a hard and long journey showing her confidence as she sets out to rescue her friend. It is an amazing book and you can buy it on Amazon, goodreads and book people.
To finish off this post here are…
6 words to add to your Vocabulary:
- Discombobulate: means to confuse someone
- Quintessential: the perfect example of something
- Gasconade: to extravagantly boast
- Pusillanimous: afraid
- Rationality: the quality of being able to think sensibly or logically
- Perfunctory: something done without much care or attention
That’s it for today, I hope you liked this post, enjoyed the recipe and had fun reading this! Please drop a comment down below on how your week has been and what you loved most about this Saturday’s coffee morning. Don’t forget to share, like and follow Penable! Thanks for taking the time to read this and drink a hot cuppa with me!