Writing fight scenes into your book keeps the reader on their toes and gives your story some excitement!
Here are my top tips for writing fight scenes:
- Write in short sentences. This speeds up the story!
- Introduce senses. E.g. she could taste blood, smell sweat, hear a grunt, see people running
- Make it realistic
- Show what they’re fighting for. Treasure? Someone they love?
- Call in morals and motives. What will they become after they’ve killed someone? Do they really want to start a fight?
- Keep the fight short (readers don’t want to read pages and pages of your characters at war)
I hope this post helps! Let me know what you’re working on in the comments below!