- £30 per hour
- £20 per hour for debut authors
Have any questions? Email me directly at:
- I’ll correct typos
- Spot grammar, punctuation, syntax and spelling mistakes
- Correct formatting issues and inconsistencies
- Give you honest feedback and helpful tips on how you can improve
You should know…
- I only proofread fiction
- I am interested in exciting mysteries, adventure stories, fantasy novels and YA books
- I proofread children’s picture books, novels and short stories
- I do not proofread poetry
- I am not interested in horror stories, romances or graphic novels
- I do not proofread anthologies
- I do not proofread adult humour or content I find inappropriate
If you’ve read and understood the above…
For those who don’t know, I’m Phoenix!
I’m a book lover, author and created Penable in 2020 to help authors and aspiring authors improve their writing and get published!
I’m passionate about creative writing and making sure others achieve their goals, improve their craft and polish their writing skills.
If you’re working on a novel or short story, feel free to reach out.
Editing and proofreading can be a daunting task and it’s always good to have an extra pair of eyes read and correct your work and make it shine!
- Please email me the first five pages of your manuscript at email@example.com along with:
- A synopsis of your book
- The genre of your book and any important details
- Is it a novel or picture book?
- What age is it aimed for?
- Are you a debut author or have you published a book before?
- Any questions you have
2. I’ll proofread the first five pages of your book…for free!
I’ll send the polished pages back to you so you can see a sample of my services.
3. If you’re still interested after I send back your work, you may send me your full manuscript
If you are an author who has published a book before, the price is £30 per hour and £450 for fourteen hours.
For debut authors, the price is £20 per hour and £280 for fourteen hours.
I will send you payment details before returning your work. The prices may increase if your novel is over 250 pages.
Proofreading takes two-three weeks. If you need it back sooner, please inform me.
Want your novel copyedited? Click here.